j a m s h a i d

{ anything interesting about computers, internet, science, gadgets, U.A.E, and other news emerging around the world! }

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Gates Unveils Vista Editions

There will be six different versions of Windows Vista (previous code name Longhorn) which is expected to be launched by end of 2006. The versions are organised by what you are planning to do with your computer. So they are:



  • Vista Business

  • Vista Enterprise

  • Vista Home Basic

  • Vista Home Premium

  • Vista Ultimate

  • Vista Starter


Vista Ultimate is my choice, because it has all the features of Home and Business editions all in one package. I am planning to lots of stuff my computer, so this the perfect choice for me. Although, I am also thinking to install a version of Linux in my PC for practicing programming in C++ but don't know which one would be the best for a newbie like me.


By the way, I used to be a PROGRAMMER. I used to program in Visual Basic 6.0, made a couple of programs and then realized how limited it is so I started learning C++. Had to stop because of my O Level exams. After the exams I don't know why I didn't resume and lost interest. Hopefully I will resume after installing Linux and programme in that.


Links: Windows Vista Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home